Monday, January 05, 2015

Strange start

2015 has not got off to the best of starts. I had to leave my appartment because of noise problems over the New Year itself, an oddly disorientating experience and more endless to-ing and fro-ing with bags and supplies, upstairs, downstairs, etc. I'm doing the Walk a Thousand Miles challenge this year and on target so far, but feel as if I would be well ahead on the Climb a Thousand Steps event if such existed.
Workwise all seems rather fragmented too, with a translation for a scientific association in Quimper spanning the Xmas/New Year period, website updates to organise and many routine administrative tasks. Frustratingly, my new Lumix camera refuses to co-operate with my computer, or vice versa, so many photos remain unprocessed and unusable for the moment. Hoping to get going in a more settled way this week and focus on the new Finistère guide without distractions.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I am sorry to hear about your woes! I wish I could offer some succour, a refuge or hand with the luggage or even just help with the camera...

But can say I am very much enjoying 'Brittany a Cultural History', to curl up with on these winter days; your clear, authoritative but very personal and affective voice is all the more real to me for coming to know you better here, and indeed for meeting you face to face last year. Perhaps I may even get to walk a few of those thousand miles with you, who knows?

May your New Year improve, and be a happy one!

WM said...

Lucy - I would definitely put a walk with you on my Things to look forward to in 2015, if I had such a list...